Thursday, April 29, 2010

Practice run...

We took the girls camping a few weeks ago but neglected to take our camera! A few weeks before that DuVall taught the girls how to put up the tent and then they slept in the tent that night in the backyard. I was nice and cozy in my bed, inside. They did pretty great until about 2am when it got just too cold to handle. I was having a hard time sleeping without my man and baby chicks inside so when they came creeping up the stairs at 2am I was happy.
The camping trip a few weeks later was so much fun. They had electricity and we brought a space heater! We all slept great! And now the girls know how to put up a tent, thanks to the coolest Dad ever!

Here are some pics from the "practice run"...

2 comments:

RazakFamily said...

best dad ever!!!
You should come let him camp with my monsters :)

Us said...

We've wanted to invest in a tent and go camping with E and B too, just haven't gotten to it yet... although Blake is just getting to the age where it might work... maybe.

Ethan told me the other day he wanted to go camping again with Sam's cousin and her family. We've never been camping with them. He was remembering going to a bonfire with them... and to him a fire and s'mores was "camping". So maybe we'll stick with that for now.

Sam and Ethan went camping in Tom and Melanies backyard. I think backyard campouts are awesome - for them. I was inside in my cozy bed just like you were :-)

Fun times for sure. Maybe we can go with you sometime when we are in CA again. That is my idea of fun.