Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Four Years Ago Today...

The Master Gardener from Heaven above
Planted a seed in the garden of love
And from it there grew a rosebud small
That never had time to open at all,
For God in His perfect and all-wise way
Chose this rose for His Heavenly bouquet
And great was the joy of this tiny rose
To be the one our Father chose
To leave earth's garden for one on high
Where roses bloom and never die.
So, while you can't see your precious rose bloom,
You know the great Gardener from the upper room
Is watching and tending this wee rose with care,
Tenderly touching each petal so fair.
So think of your darling with the Angels above
Secure and contented and surrounded by love,
And remember God blessed and enriched your lives, too,
For in dying your darling brought heaven closer to you!

~Helen Steiner Rice~

This poem sits by my bed. I read it often. I think about the once close, but always dear, friend that gave it to me and pray for her.
And I think about my Emma, our own tiny rose.
I miss you. I love you. My arms still ache for you. But I know where you are and I know who you're with. And I know that one day you will be ours forever.
All my love, forever and ever.

8 comments:

Annie! said...

Amy, My mom lost her first baby when he was 3 weeks old. I never knew how that must have felt, until Braydon was 3 weeks old and I couldn't then imagine.
Emma must have been extra special, as was my brother. Maybe they are together in heaven listening to you play the piano! I am glad you posted this.
Love, Mamie

lethabo said...

love you, Amy-face

Us said...

Love you Ames.

Jessica said...

What a beautiful poem. Love you!

Kierstin said...

You're amazing, I love you xo

Em and AJ said...

What a hard time that must have been, but what blessings you must feel from your Father in Heaven...and how wonderful to know that you have an angel watching over you always. We love you guys!

Scott and Stacia said...

Amy, that poem is beautiful. Hope you have had the necessary strength to make it through this hard anniversary. You are in my thoughts!! Love you!

Unknown said...

I just cried and cried when I read this. Brett had to pull me away from the computer for a little while. We love you guys so much. Thanks for being such great examples of faith and strength.