Tuesday, August 17, 2010

How did we get here?

How did we go from this.....

To this!!?
Olivia started 1st grade last week. My sweet little chubby baby is not so little anymore. (Or chubby!) And it seemed to have happened in the blink of an eye. I should be loving that she gets to spend a full day at school now but I'm not. I miss her.


And how 'bout this one?
Didn't I just birth her?
Nope, she's a big Preschooler now!
Today was her very first day and she loved it.
I thought she might have a little hesitation but I was wrong. I got a sweet kiss and a hearty "goodbye mom" and she was off and running.
Good thing its only two days a week for a couple hours.
I'm not ready to be home alone!


I'm the luckiest mom in the world to have two beautiful girls. I hope to have a bunch more just like them someday...but if not....I'm still the luckiest.


9 comments:

Kristin said...

it does happen in the blink of an eye. and they learn so much in first grade! you will be blown away! maybe you should start a hobbie now that you have some free time.

Jenna said...

They are getting too big! I cannot believe how old they are getting! They are too cute and sweet. Hope all is well with you and your family!

RazakFamily said...

I'm happy that she loved pre-school! She looks just adorable getting ready to walk out the door.
I'm also a little jealous...Navi J doesn't start until September 7th, and he's DYING to go...asks every day!

emuhle said...

sheesh. i think that means we need to come visit before they leave home or something.

DuVall J said...

Dang, you have the cutest kids of all time!!!

LaLa said...

Wow!! You're without kids two days a week. That happened fast didn't it? They sure are adorable. Hope you enjoy your alone time AND your Mommy time!

We miss you guys!

Kierstin said...

Yes, everything's ok. My parents sold their home and are building a new home in Kaysville with a mother-in-law apartment on the back so my grandma (mom's mom) can eventually move in when she's too old to live on her own. My parents don't want to move, but they don't want to put my grandma into a retirement home either. So, they'll be staying here for a couple of months while their new home is being built. It will actually be fun, I'm looking forward to it.

Em and AJ said...

Wow, the time goes by so fast and your girls are growing up so fast. Enjoy your alone time, I am sure you will find great ways to use it (oh like maybe reading a book, taking a bubble bath, shopping for you, etc.). :)

colin and brooke thompson said...

it goes so fast! It's hard to blink at times! Sweet little girls. I'd love to meet them in the near future!