Monday, December 8, 2008

Not being able to smell really...STINKS!!!

Just a quick post to let you all know that I have a new found appreciation for our sense of smell. For the last three days I have been unable to smell, at all. I have this yucky sinus cold so my nose isn't working. Pretty much it's horrible. And because I can't smell, I can't taste. How can you enjoy food if you can't taste? I've been drinking a lot of V8's and eating things that I don't usually but should. I guess its an easy way to diet but I love food too much. It's just no fun at all. And poor little Abbi sat in a dirty diaper too long because I couldn't smell it! Now she has gnarly little bum rash. Boy, do I feel like a good mom. I never realized how much I count on my sense of smell. Do I smell OK? How about these dishes, are they clean, do they smell clean? How about this blanket that Abbi's been sleeping with, does it need to be washed, how does it smell? How about my toast burning in the toaster, can't tell cause I can't smell! I guess what I'm trying to say is I am very grateful for a working nose and I will be even more grateful when mine starts working again!

Ok, I'm done.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I sure hope you all get feeling better soon so you can "smell" christmas! :)

LagaFamily said...

HA! You poor thing, a nose cold is never fun. Thanks for reminding me how important it is to smell and to not take advantage of it! Especially with Christmas coming!

RazakFamily said...

I'm sorry you're sickie. At least it's now so that you can be better by Christmas :)

adfortries.com said...

"I'm dreaming of a NOSE that can SMELL!!" Oh, Amy. I love you. I hope Santa brings you a new nose and everything else your little heart desires!!!! Thanks for the Christmas card, SO cute!

colin and brooke thompson said...

Happy Winter! I just opened your christmas card and was sooo excited to see your blog address! It is extremely late and I want to look at it some more, but I have to go to bed before my family wakes up! :) I'm so happy to see you. Blogs just make you feel like you were visiting each other a little! I can't wait to get caught up! Love your card, Olivia's hair and seeing you and Duvall! Have a great Christmas week and New years! Wow.. I've missed you!