Saturday, September 6, 2008

Did he say Moron or Mormon?

So, I am a volunteer for the YES on Proposition 8 Campaign regarding traditional marriage. Since we are voting in November to make this an amendment to the CA constitution we have been making phone calls, informing voters and asking for support. Today I called a man, lets call him Dick*, and before I could even get my "sh-peel" finished he started rampaging about "you wouldn't vote for someone just because they disagreed with you on this issue?!" (This had nothing to do with the phone call, mind you.) I told him that I would not vote for someone who agreed with same-sex marriage. That's when he called me a moron, and hung up the phone.

I didn't even get to tell him to have a good day.



*name has been changed to protect the morally confused.




WWW.PROTECTMARRIAGE.COM

2 comments:

Holly said...

I love that his "name" is Dick! HA! Atleast you're doing your part and making the calls!

Marc and Shay said...

I agree, it's amazing how "morally confused" this society is. Marc has been doing rounds in our city and he said most people haven't even heard or dont care enough to worry about it...scary! Way to go!