Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Going Home


I've posted this picture before but never explained anything about it. This is my mom standing with some of the church members in Brazil. The tiny little lady, smaller than my own tiny 4'11'' mother, was 117 years old when this picture was taken. A few weeks ago my mom wrote this in one of her emails home:

"Our sweet little 118 year old sister member died last week. We believe she was the oldest living woman in Brazil but she couldn't prove it for lack of a birth certificate. All of our missionaries who have returned home and knew her well would be very sad to hear of her passing. They loved going to her house and many of them had opportunities to give her blessings. She was so tiny and frail. How wonderful for her to be released of all her physical pains."

Talk about enduring til' the end!


(The date on the picture is wrong)



2 comments:

RazakFamily said...

I can't believe that there's someone out there SMALLER than your mom!!
She (your mom) looks like she is in heaven.

Holly said...

Oh man...it is so great to see a picture of your mom! She is such a great woman and I'm sure everyone is just in love with her smile and positive attitude! Thank goodness for the eternities and our knowledge of it...I'm sure that woman is excited to be able to run and look down on your family!