Friday, May 7, 2010

My Mom

Written and illustrated By Olivia Laws (HER ANSWERS IN CAPS)

My mom's favorite food is POSTU (Pasta) but she doesn't like FISH.

The thing my Mom likes to do for fun is GO TO DISNEELAND.

If Mom could have one wish come true, she would wish for A CLEEN HOUS.

I hope my Mommy always knows FOR ME TO BE GOOD. (Livi is very concerned with always doing the right thing.)

My mommy looks funny when she HAS A SILLY FACE but I know she is really mad when she SCREEMS. (I really don't "screem" that much! I promise!)

She spends most of her time AT THE CUMPYOOTR. (I was SO wishing she had said something like, "playing with me" or "doing homework with me" or "making me food" etc.... Oh well!)


This was from a little book she put together at school for Mother's Day. I know she loves me and I think I am a good mom. However, it is obvious, I need to spend less time on the computer and need to stop screaming when I'm mad. :) She is right though, I do LOVE a "cleen" house and I do LOVE "disneeland".
Today I went to a Mother's Day party at school. The kindergarten put together a spa-day for us mommies. They did our nails, hair, make-up, and fed us yummy snacks. It was adorable and so sweet.


There is nothing I ever wanted more in my life than to be a wife and mother. Truly, it was all I ever REALLY wanted in life. Call me old fashioned. I LOVE being a mom. My kids are my whole world and when I sneak into their rooms at night and check on them, and kiss their little cheeks, and wrap them in their blankies, I cry and then I hit my knees and thank my Heavenly Father for such a blessing and gift.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE THIS! Livi is so perfect... we love her to pieces (and makissa would love her as a sister).

As for you... you screamer and computer junkie... !!!! LOL... I think you are a wonderful mom and you must be super woman because you can get 5 kids to bed by 8:30 PM AMAZING :)

Jessica said...

So cute! You gotta love what your kids say. Jaren said he loved me because I took him "shopping!"?? I totally agree with you in the fact that all I wanted to do was be a mom and I love it! Miss you guys!

Em and AJ said...

I guess I am old fashioned right along with you because I love being a mom too and that is all I ever wanted. I love the manicure, Livi did such a great job. What a fun day of pampering especially done by your own daughter.