Sunday, May 17, 2009

For the birds...



These little critters found their way inside after our front door was left open while we were out for a good three hours last week. (I will not point any fingers but it was NOT DuVall, or Olivia, or me.) Olivia and I tried for at least two hours to get them to leave the house. We were very creative, and although I was stressed about these cute, but horribly foul, creatures in my mother's beautiful house, we did laugh a lot. At one point Olivia told me I was crazy. Nothing I didn't already know! We watched them fly into the same windows over and over and over again. It really brought new meaning to the the phrase "bird brain". 
Then our hero came home. DuVall had them out of the house within minutes. Nothing a little pool net and ladder can't fix.   

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Thank goodness for handy husbands! I remember a bird being stuck in my mom's house too and it took us many creative hours trying to get it out!

Scott and Stacia said...

Oh my, I would probably freak out. Glad I have not had to deal with that :) Thank goodness for husbands, I think they are able to fix problems like this because they don't freak out as easily :) Glad you were able to laugh about it as well!!