Tuesday, March 10, 2009

In Memorial...

Olivia's Favorite Things about her Grandad...

"He's good."

"That when we go outside, we rock on the bench and he sings me songs like Peanut Butter."

"Sitting at the counter eating together and watching TV together."

"Playing with him."

"Grandad's hugs and Grannie's kisses."



We miss you terribly Grandad. A year ago, today, Olivia sang to you, The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow, not ten minutes before you took your last breathe. Your children watched in awe as you left this world. And we imagined Emma waiting to greet you home.
Many tears have been shed but the memories we all share of you bring hope and joy to our lives.
We love you.




4 comments:

Jessica said...

Love it! Love your pictures too. I regret not having more pictures like that for my kids.

RazakFamily said...

I loved sitting and having a snack (usually cereal) while watching TV with Granddad too...I love the picture of Livi-Loo watching TV with Granddad...

Holly said...

10 minutes before passing??? What a magical memory...and SO sweet! You are very lucky that you have such great pictures of him with the little ones!

Kristen said...

I loved to see your pitures of Dwight!
Hi, my name is Kristen Nevins (formally Kristen Laws). I'm friends with Megan and Brady. We were in the PV 5th ward for a year just recently. I saw your name on their friends list and had to look. My dad is Asa Laws, Dwight's cousin, I used to visit Dwight when I was at BYU. Your little girls look like Laws'. I hope you are loving life and that you're not creaped out by my looking at your blog/writing you a message.