Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Fish for Dummies....


Well, I am here to announce that it only took us three days to kill our fish! Yes, Syth, Corkscrew, and Lydia Pond have already met their porcelain king. My sweet, sweet husband decided to clean out the fish bowl with Olivia on Monday evening. On Tuesday morning we woke up to three dead fish. I ever so lovingly asked DuVall, "What did you do?!" To which he replied, "I cleaned it out!" To which I replied "With what?" To which he replied, "Only soap and water!" Oops. Soap residuals kill fish, apparently. Now we know. So, last night DuVall came home with this. And a new Syth, Corkscrew, and Lydia Pond.

Equipped with its own filter the tank doesn't need to be cleaned but once a year!


4 comments:

LagaFamily said...

At least they lasted 3 days! Good luck with the Jr.'s!

Kierstin said...

That is funny! I remember when we bought Mikaela some swimmer frogs and some colorful little guppies an a cute little filtered tank. Little did I know that you were supposed to put a little mesh plug in the end of the suction tube to the filter. We came home one day and found one of the frogs bellies had been completely sucked into the tube. He didn't live long after that of course and then the next day one of the guppies also got sucked into the tube. Genius!! I hated it... it stressed me out wondering if our fish and frogs were being sucked to their death! No more aquatic animals for us.

RazakFamily said...

Don't forget what the fishies did in "Finding Nemo" with their filter :)
I know, great things to think about, huh?!?!
I love the fish tank and can't wait to get one for NJ

The Au Family said...

Hey! How are you? I am not sure how I happened across your blog, but here I am! (Melissa once was Rogers from back in your Romania days) You look great and your girls are beautiful! Where are you living now? Hope you are doing well!